Incoming 4th Graders
For 3rd grade students entering 4th grade
You are interested in supporting your child with math-based prompts and conversations, and that makes me incredibly happy. You have chosen to join me on this journey, so I thank you for that.
Here is the overview of what we will be doing:
- Every 3 days, you will get a new "lesson" to try out at home
- Some are projects, while others are quick prompts
- Each will come with a video explanation that is accessible for parents
- That same video will be accessible for students as well
- Each assignment will have a discussion board for you to share thoughts, ask questions, and push thinking
Kaneka has been supporting students, parents, teachers and administrators for the past 19 years. Parent-student conferences were one of her favorite “seasons" as a classroom teacher. Kaneka loved helping parents and students uncover their own math potential. Kaneka is passionate about changing the way society looks at math. She struggled with math in high school and gave up on success with math, believing the trending myth that she was not a “math person”. During her first few years of teaching fourth grade Kaneka rediscovered the “math brain” that every one of us has been gifted. She seeks to help others find the genuine joy and appreciation for being in the process of learning and understanding mathematics.