Incoming 6th Graders
For 5th grade students entering 6th grade
You are interested in supporting your child with math-based prompts and conversations, and that makes me incredibly happy. You have chosen to join me on this journey, so I thank you for that.
Here is the overview of what we will be doing:
- Every 3 days, you will get a new "lesson" to try out at home
- Some are projects, while others are quick prompts
- Each will come with a video explanation that is accessible for parents
- That same video will be accessible for students as well
- Each assignment will have a discussion board for you to share thoughts, ask questions, and push thinking
Jenise began her education career in Prince George’s County, Maryland in 2004 as an elementary school teacher. For her entire career, she has worked in Title I schools striving to maintain her social emotional approach to teaching and learning within every setting. For the past 5 years of her career, she has worked as a middle school mathematics teacher, math instructional coach and is now a district middle school math specialist.