In the education community, we are aware of the research that shows a drop in students' proficiency over the summer. Known as The Summer Slide, kids go off for the summer and come back needing refreshers on what was learned the prior year. Parents want to help, but oftentimes don't know how. With this series of courses, your students will be able to engage in grade level appropriate content throughout the summer. Here is what you are signing up for:
- A new lesson sent every 5 days, starting from the day you enroll in the course
- Standards-aligned content, both from the students' current grade and their incoming grade
- 13 lessons for each grade level from 1st through 5th grade
- A video, designed and delivered by experienced educators, to support the students and parents with one possible way of approaching the prompt
- Downloadable handout to support the learning
- Additional problems, if desired, to continue/extend the conversation
- A comment section to ask questions and share the learning
Your student--and parent--body will have access to all courses in the series, but you may want them to focus on certain ones. From here, administrators and teachers will be able to send specific links to student and parent groups to give them exactly what they need.
If you have any questions whatsoever, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having you as a part of the journey!