You are interested in supporting your child with math-based prompts and conversations, and that makes me incredibly happy. As the father of a 2nd grader, I am learning about how to get him ready for 3rd grade while keeping his skills from 2nd grade sharp. You have chosen to join me on this journey, so I thank you for that.
Here is the overview of what we will be doing:
- Every 3 days, you will get a new "lesson" to try out at home
- Some are projects, while others are quick prompts
- Each will come with a video explanation that is accessible for parents
- That same video will be accessible for students as well
- Each assignment will have a discussion board for you to share thoughts, ask questions, and push thinking
I am the author of Table Talk Math, a book designed to support parents and teachers with math-based conversations.