Incoming 2nd Graders
For 1st grade students entering 2nd grade
You are interested in supporting your child with math-based prompts and conversations, and that makes me incredibly happy. You have chosen to join me on this journey, so I thank you for that.
Here is the overview of what we will be doing:
- Every 3 days, you will get a new "lesson" to try out at home
- Some are projects, while others are quick prompts
- Each will come with a video explanation that is accessible for parents
- That same video will be accessible for students as well
- Each assignment will have a discussion board for you to share thoughts, ask questions, and push thinking
Chrissy is an elementary educator in central California. She works as a mathematics specialist for the Stanislaus County Office of Education supporting students, teachers, and administrators on improving math teaching & learning, and was previously a classroom teacher in 2nd, 5th, and 6th grades. She has three little mathematicians (ages 4, 6 and 9) at home and loves to read when she's not doing math.