You are interested in supporting your child with math-based prompts and conversations, and that makes me incredibly happy. You have chosen to join me on this journey, so I thank you for that.
Here is the overview of what we will be doing:
- Every 5 days, you will get a new "lesson" to try out at home
- Some are projects, while others are quick prompts
- Each will come with a video explanation that is accessible for parents
- That same video will be accessible for students as well
- Each assignment will have a discussion board for you to share thoughts, ask questions, and push thinking
Brian has been working in elementary education for 17 years. In addition to teaching 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th grades, Brian has designed digital math curriculum for elementary and middle school students. As a district curriculum coordinator, he currently supports math instruction in 34 elementary schools in a suburban school district in Texas. Brian's passion is fostering students' identities as mathematical sense makers. He believes each and every student deserves access to educational opportunities that allow them to learn that math can and should make sense.